Web and software development.
Today, I tried tracking bugs and changes for my WordPress themes using Google Doc Spreadsheets. So far, I find it a great method of tracking changes without staring mindlessly at my computer, trying to remember what changes I wanted.
I discovered something was wrong with my modified Twenty Ten WordPress theme this morning. Some of the modifications I made had disappeared. I then remembered that I had updated the version of WordPress the night before, which likely erased my modifications. Lesson learned: Don’t mess with the original parent theme – make a child theme…