A collection of resources I’ve bookmarked. Feel free to check them out and use at your own risk.
Free Stock Photography
Most of these websites offer free photos with Creative Commons 0 (Public domain/no attribution) licenses, meaning you can practically use them anyway you want for free. Be sure to check each image’s license. I also recommend attribution wherever possible, since some of the photographers benefit from publicity (i.e., people will go to them to pay for work).
- Albumarium: The best place to find and share beautiful images.
- Animal Photos
- Free Nature Stock: Royalty-free Nature Stock Photos.
- ISO Republic
- Jay Mantri
- Kaboom Pics
- Life of Pix
- New Old Stock
- Pickup Image
- Picography: Free images to use however you like.
- Public Domain Archive
- Realistic Shots
- Startup Stock Photos
- Stokpic: Free stock photos for commercial use.
- Travel Coffee Book: Sharing beautiful travel moments.
Free Stock Video
- Bottled Video: Free footage for the masses
- Distill: Curated HD Video Free For Your Personal and Commercial Use
- Pexels: Completely free stock videos
- Pond5: The world’s largest royalty-free footage collection
- Stock Video
- Videvo: Completely free HD stock footage and motion graphics for any project
- Videezy: Free HD Stock Footage & 4K Videos
- Vidsplay: Totally free stock footage
- Simple Icons: SVG icons for popular brands, maintained by Dan Leech.
- Vector Emoji: Common Emojis recreated in vector (Adobe Photoshop).
Project & Task Management
- Trello: Trello’s boards, lists, and cards enable you to organize and prioritize your projects in a fun, flexible and rewarding way.
- FocusMusic.fm: beats for work, productivity, flow
- Typekit (Free and premium with Adobe Creative Cloud subscription)
- DaFont (Free)
- Font Squirrel (Free)
- Google Fonts (Free)
- Type Anything: a simple tool to create great font combinations.
- CSS Font Stack: Web safe font families.
Learning about Typography
If you use Adobe InDesign for designing pages, books, newsletters, or anything else, here’s some resources that I’ve gathered. I’ll post more as I find them.